Call for Papers
Authors are invited to submit high-quality original unpublished work, on topics within the scope of the journal, that is not currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. All papers will be rigorously reviewed by at least two referees who are knowledgeable in the field.
Papers to be considered for publication must be written in English. Authors whose native language is not English are recommended to seek the advice of a native English speaker, if possible, before submitting their manuscripts. Papers may be rejected if the English is poor or there are errors present.
To emphasise the relevance of the submission to the KES Journal, authors are asked to cite in their submission several papers that have already been published in the Journal.
Submission of ManuscriptsAuthors are requested to submit their manuscript electronically to the Journal's peer review management system.
Papers should be submitted in draft format following the instructions contained in the IOS Press website, and strictly follow the instructions in the "Preparation of Manuscripts" section. Once the paper has been accepted, authors will be requested to upload the publication files i.e. a word-processor version of the paper and associated diagrams etc. The paper will then be professionally typeset.
Authors submitting a manuscript do so on the understanding that if their paper is accepted for publication, copyright in the article, including the right to reproduce the article in all forms and media, shall be assigned exclusively to the Publisher.
Quoting from other publications
An author, when quoting from someone else's work or when considering reproducing a figures or table from a book or journal article, should make sure that they are not infringing a copyright. Although in general an author may quote from other published works, they should obtain permission from the holder of the copyright if they wish to make substantial extracts or to reproduce tables, plates or other figures. If the copyright holder is not the author of the quoted or reproduced material, it is recommended that the permission of the author should also be sought. Material in unpublished letters and manuscripts is also protected and must not be published unless permission has been obtained. Submission of a paper will be interpreted as a statement that the author has obtained all the necessary permission. A suitable acknowledgement of any borrowed material must always be made.
The corresponding author is asked to check the galley proofs (the publisher will execute a cursory check only). Corrections other than printer's errors, however, should be avoided. Costs arising from such corrections will be charged to the authors.
How to order offprints, reprints, pdf, extra journals, books
- The corresponding author of a contribution to the journal is entitled to receive one copy of the journal free of charge. An order form for offprints, additional journals or a pdf file will be provided along with the galley proofs.
- If you wish to order reprints of an earlier published article, please refer to the "Purchases" section of the IOS Press website.
- An author is entitled to 25 % discount on books. See Author's discount (25%) on all IOS Press book publications.
Publication ConditionsBy submitting a paper for publication in this Journal the co-authors of the paper warrant and agree to the following conditions:-
- That the work has not been published before in the form in which it has been submitted to the Journal and it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- That its publication has been approved by all the co-authors.
- That the co-authors agree to indemnify KES International against the consequences of publishing the paper.
- That information about the co-authors (name, address, email address, other relevant details, etc.) may be held by KES International in electronic form on computer and used by KES in furtherance of its activities.